To make an app perfect we need suggestion and feedback of users so let’s know what is feedback and how to achieve this:
User Feedback tools/CRM SDKs:– User feedback tools are getting a suggestion from a user who has tried the app so we can improve and do some changes in it. For getting user feedback there are some SDK which we can try in an app. The Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015 Software Development Kit (SDK) is for developers. The documentation contains information for developers writing server side code, client-side scripts, custom business logic, integration modules, workflow assemblies, and plug-ins.
To get user feedback Here are some tools:-
- Apptentive– Apptentive creates in-app feedback tools, enabling developers to easily engage customers for positive ratings, feedback and customer research. Learn how customers feel about your app. Customers who love your app will become evangelists. If they aren’t satisfied, start a conversation and learn why. Convert your biggest critics into loyal fans.
- Appboy– Appboy is Marketing Automation for Apps. The platform makes you understand, engage, monetize and maximize the lifetime value of your app users.
- Appsfire’s AppBooster– Appsfire: Better Ads for Better Mobile Apps. Acquire new users, monetize through innovative, native in-app advertising, engage your user base, and track.
- HelpShift– Helpshift is an in-app customer support platform that enables mobile apps to improve customer experience, drive higher ratings and increase retention.
- LivePerson– Welcome to LivePerson! Enhance the overall user experience on your website with live chat software, one of Live Person’s many available real-time.
- Jira– Jira is a proprietary issue tracking product, developed by Atlassian. It provides bug tracking, issue tracking, and project management functions.
- UserEcho for iOS – User Echo for iOS provides the easy way to collect and manage users feedback. They able to leave ideas, comment and vote for it. Providing such easy way to interaction will lead to gain of user loyalty and minimizes the risk of negative ratings for your application.
- Appsee– Appsee is a simple and powerful visual in-app analytics platform that enables you to measure, understand and improve the user experience in your native mobile apps (iOS + Android).
- Taperecorder– Tape Recorder is AppStore / Google play compatible and gives you the possibility to watch genuine footage of how YOUR users make use of your product. You no longer need to pay other companies for testing services, because now you can test the same thing with your own users.
- TestFairy– TestFairy is a powerful app testing platform that helps mobile developers distribute their apps to testers and provides videos that show exactly what happened on the client side during the test.
- Testbirds– Testbirds uses crowdsourcing to gather the feedback of a multitude of external experts as well as focus groups from different backgrounds bringing a diversity of IT-knowledge, personal interests, and life experience to find bugs and usability issues.
- Instabug– Instabug is a bug tracking tool that can be integrated into mobile apps, to provide a seamless way for users to send their feedback or report bugs, as well as detailed environment report for developers.
- Swrve– Swrve is an integrated marketing, A/B testing and optimization platform for mobile apps. Built as a scalable cloud service.
- HelpStack– HelpStack is an Open source mobile app customer support & In-app feedback Management. Get it from Github: https://github.com/happyfoxinc (iOS & Android) It is much easier to deploy compared to a closed source product and can be used with or without having a help desk in the backend.
- Hipmob– Hipmob provides hosted a live chat for mobile applications. You sign up with us, we give you a code, you download our library, you integrate it into your app, and you can then talk to your users, figure out what they want and what problems they are having, and make them happy.
- Launch Kit Review Monitor– Review Monitor is a free tool that continually checks the App Store and when a new review is detected, it’s posted on your team’s Slack channel or sent to you via email.LaunchKit’s Sales Reporter tool posts your apps’ daily download and sales summaries into your team’s Slack channel and your email inbox.
Now feedback part is done so let’s analysis the app so we can study about how to get more download and also interact with users to get feedback at regular intervals. Next blog is about In-App Analytics.
Source By: #apptamin, #Google Search